Theme and Objectives
The Cross-cutting theme of WYC is “Youth for Sustainable Development”. WYC 2016 will facilitate a process that strengthens effective youth participation in the planning, implementation and evaluation of various global issues of the world which refers to the process of defining the future global development framework that will succeed the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG's) of the United Nation. The Conference will also create an inclusive platform for youth that enables them to review the progress of the SDG's, share ideas, experiences and innovative approaches for effectively contributing to the SDG framework and its implementation.
It brings together young delegates from all over the world to exchange views, share experiences on different issues, detect common preoccupations and to develop realistic action plans to rebuild communities that meet the needs and aspirations of young people. The event allows people to voice their ideas and concerns and make suggestions directly.
Today’s youth are arising to shape the present and futures of their countries. They want to be heard, to be included in decision making debates and to make change. Student’s engagement, social innovation, fostering democracy, youth employment, conflict and sustainable development are amongst the issues that have been discussed on the floor of the “WORLD YOUTH CONFERENCE 2016”.
The conference will foster information exchange between persons who have faced many different types of issues (not directly human – made, although many have significant contributory factors from human activity and environmental change).
During the dialogue all participants will gather to address and call for action on the following objectives:
- A global network of young people across the world empower to share experiences and exchange ideas on conservation of biodiversity for sustainable development, to eradicate poverty, to explore new tourism destination, to discover new ideas on health and educational sciences, to hunt the sportive instinct from youths with scientific implication, to preserve our culture, indigenous people, food, heritage, and also to stand against drugs, HIV/AIDS, Crime against women, human trafficking, etc.;
- To create an inclusive youth participation platform that enables young people to review the progress on the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- To share ideas, experiences and innovative approaches for effectively implementation of the Sustainable Development Agenda.
- To facilitate a process that increases awareness on and implementation of the World Programme for Action on Youth (WPAY).
- To facilitate effective partnerships with youth, youth-led organizations and youth movements to further strengthen inclusive youth participation in the decision-making processes and implementation of the sustainable development agenda.
- To contribute to the establishment of a permanent youth engagement mechanism that ensures consistent follow- up with young people and further boosts their participation and partnership in the implementation of the SDGs at national, regional and global levels.
- International Youth Project designed at the conference to be implemented in different countries;
- Ongoing face book and other social networking discussions;
- Recommendation made during the conference will be send for policy formulation to both Local and National Governments and other International Organization like, UNESCO, UNDP, UNICEF and other bodies on youth resilience, rebuilding communities and disaster response.