The Conference is expected to bring together 1500 participants, half of them young people, and 150 of them will come from marginalized backgrounds, making the conference one of the most well represented youth events at the global level. The pre-conference process is led by an independent international youth task force which represents major global youth organizations and regional platforms ensuring regional and gender balance.
There are two categories of youth delegates:
1. National Youth Delegates (3 per country/600 people). They are to be selected by governments in cooperation with National Youth Councils where they exist or by committees of young people when a National Youth Council doesn’t exist. If you are a National Youth Council or a young person active nationally you should first contact the Ministry responsible for Youth and/or the National Youth Council or IYC Country Coordinator to apply nationally.
2. International Youth Delegates (350 people). Direct applications can be done on the website and are focused on a few categories:
1. Facilitators (42 people)– to support the running of the conference
2. Youth from international youth-led organisations (78 people) – to represent international networks/organizations and regional youth platforms active at the international level.
3. Youth from marginalised youth (150 people) – to make sure that young people’s voices who are often ignored are given space.
4. Youth leaders/experts (60 people) – to ensure that youth activists, trade unions, faith and political parties, academic and development negotiations are involved.
5. Young bloggers/journalists (20 people) to make sure that the outreach of the conference is high and all young people with different languages can follow the conference.