All applications to become an international youth delegate should be made via offline at firstname.lastname@example.org (before 31st July) and the online application at www.wyc2016india.com (after 31st July till 30th September). In case the applicant is not able to fill it themselves, a third party may assist them in filling out the application on behalf of them (but not without the knowledge of the applicant).
The international youth delegates will be selected according to these criteria:
• Between 18 and 30
• Well versed in current national/international youth policies and/or development debates
• Willing and motivated to prepare the WYC together with other young people through involving in/conducting consultations to take other young people’s views to the WYC
• Willing to ensure follow-up to the WYC through dissemination of outcomes and taking part in the implementation of the outcome document
• Able to work in English
• Supported by an organisation/community that can endorse you as a delegate (whenever possible)
Please not that gender and regional balance will be taken into account in the selection.
The role of youth delegates:
• To represent their constituencies during the WYC 2016 and actively take part in the conference programme
• To prepare for the WYC 2016 together with their constituencies through the organisation of consultations and other pre-conference programmes
• To actively follow-up the WYC2016